Surveys and Questions
Email Interview Questions
- Tell me a little bit about yourself. What do you do, what led you to do what you're currently doing?
- What kind of projects have you done in the past related to pollinator conservation?
- What are the main issues of pollinators (if possible, bees specifically) right now?
- What steps should people take to conserve bees? What about the government?
- Do you believe that honeybees are also a problem to the decline of native bees? Why or why not?
- Are there any developed places/case studies in the U.S. that have heavily emphasized pollinator conservation? How has it impacted both the bees and people there?
- What kind of advice would you give to someone interested in pollinator conservation? Or just conservation in general?
Interview Questions for Newton Conservation
- What do you guys do?
- What is you main focus/goals for Newton?
- Are there any problem areas and what do you plan on doing with them?
- Are you aware of any pesticide/insecticide/fungicide use by the city?
- Have you considered pollinator conservation on your agenda?
- What are your opinions on urban beekeeping? Would you like people to set up nests for native bees in Newton?
Survey for the Public (You can fill out below)
- What is your age?
- Where do you live?
- Which type of environment do you live in?
- Which type of housing do you live in?
- On a scale from 1 to 5, how afraid are you of bees?
- What would you do if you found a bee nest in or around the vicinity of your house?
- If you said "Attempt to remove it yourself", how would you have done it?
- How many kinds of bees can you list off the top of your head? What are they?
- How important is bee conservation to you?
- Do you have space to plant a garden?
- What is the one time amount you would spend, or have spent, to grow plants that will benefit bees at your home?
- Have you ever considered raising bees? If so, what's the reason?
- Do you believe in the use of pesticides/insecticides/fungicides? Why or why not?
- Would your ever advocate to build pollinator friendly gardens in your community?
- Would you change the way you eat to help bee conservation?